Aims and objectives
The Children’s Centre will provide a range of services focussed on local need and parental choice. Our aim is for the centre to offer information, advice and support to parents, as well as integrated childcare and early learning, health services, family support and employment advice for families in our area.
Child care services
- Plaistow day nursery is open from 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday for 50 weeks of the year. Closed at weekends and on Bank Holidays.
- We work in collaboration with childminders to support the delivery of good quality integrated home-based childcare to parents. We support them by offering advice and ongoing professional development and practical support.
We aim to provide high quality parenting and family support services with appropriate outreach facilities, to ensure all parents have access to the support they need to get involved in their children’s learning and development and give them the best possible start in life.
- Baby and Toddler groups
- Triple P
- Coffee mornings
- Home visiting service
Working in partnership with the wider network of health agencies we hope to improve mental and physical health outcomes for young children and their families.
- Early childhood services speech and language team
- Early childhood services community nutrition
- Early childhood services community midwifery team
- Baby massage/ baby Yoga
Training and Employment Services
We aim to support parents and careers wishing to train or return to work through providing a wide range of employment related services.
- Job Centre Plus Advisor
- Benefits advice
- ESOL classes
- Numeracy and Literacy classes
All training and support services are available with crèche facilities to make the services more accessible
A full programme of activities run throughout the year, to see the current programme please click on the link below.