Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have taken the decision to 'PAUSE' our on-site sessions until further notice. Please keep checking the website on a regular basis or call the Children's Centre on 0208 5485620.
We are keen to support our families and staff members at this difficult time. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please follow NHS guidance to stay safe and protect others around you.
More information can be found here:
Virtual Support - NEW!
Please click here to see our Weekly Calendar of virtual support and activities, starting 6th July 2020.
For more information, including our guidelines for taking part in Virtual Serivces, please see the document below:
Webinars - NEW!
During our closure period, we will be hosting a series of webinars. Please click here to find our when they will be taking place and how to book yourself a place.
Aims and objectives
The Children's Centre will provide a range of services focussed on local need and parental choice. Our aim is for the centre to offer information, advice and support to parents, as well as integrated childcare and early learning, health services, family support and employment advice for families in our area.
Child care services
- Plaistow day nursery is open from 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday for 50 weeks of the year. Closed at weekends and on Bank Holidays.
- We work in collaboration with childminders to support the delivery of good quality integrated home-based childcare to parents. We support them by offering advice and ongoing professional development and practical support.
We aim to provide high quality parenting and family support services with appropriate outreach facilities, to ensure all parents have access to the support they need to get involved in their children's learning and development and give them the best possible start in life.
- Baby and Toddler groups
- Triple P
- Coffee mornings
- Home visiting service
Working in partnership with the wider network of health agencies we hope to improve mental and physical health outcomes for young children and their families.
- Early childhood services speech and language team
- Early childhood services community nutrition
- Early childhood services community midwifery team
- Baby massage/ baby Yoga
Training and Employment Services
We aim to support parents and careers wishing to train or return to work through providing a wide range of employment related services.
- Job Centre Plus Advisor
- Benefits advice
- ESOL classes
- Numeracy and Literacy classes
All training and support services are available with crèche facilities to make the services more accessible.div>