We are delighted that your child has been offered a place at our school for September 2020. We know that this is a very exciting yet anxious time for you all - particularly so this year as we find ourselves in such unprecedented times!
Because we have been unable to hold our usual transition activities this year we have created some documents with the answers to many frequently asked questions.
There are lots of things that you can be doing at home now that will help your child transition into their new class:
- Help your child recognise their own name - do they know the letters and sounds that make their name.
- Help your child to practise writing their name - this is best done for a short time as regularly as possible.
- Set up activities for your child to practise holding a pen or a pencil, both for writing and colouring. Do they have a good grip and can they control what they are drawing?
- Help your child to become as independent as possible when eating their meals. Can they use a knife and fork? Are they able to tell you what they want for their lunch or dinner? Can they help you to clear away their plate and cup?
- Support your child to become independent when using the toilet.
- Share lots of books and stories about starting school and help your child to share our excitement about the new term.
We look forward to sharing your child’s journey through Plaistow Primary School with you. We are passionate about building strong relationships with parents, carers and families in order to secure the best for all of our children. It is not only your child that joins our very special school, it is the whole family.