PE and Sports Premium Funding
- What is the PE and Sports Premium?
All young people should have the opportunity to live healthy and active lives.
Physical activity has numerous benefits for children and young people’s physical health, as well as their mental wellbeing (increasing self-esteem and emotional wellbeing and lowering anxiety and depression), and children who are physically active are happier, more resilient and more trusting of their peers.
Ensuring that pupils have access to sufficient daily activity can also have wider benefits for pupils and schools, improving behaviour as well as enhancing academic achievement.
The PE and sport premium helps our school in achieving these aims, by providing additional funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport offered at Plaistow.
Principles informing the use of the PE and Sport Premium:
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport that they offer.
It should be used to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that the school provides
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- We ensure the successful expenditure of the PE and Sports Premium by:
- ensuring the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- raise the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increasing the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- ensuring that a broad range of sports and activities is offered to all pupils
- ensuring an participation in competitive sport
Click here to find out more about PE at Plaistow.
Please click below for our action plans in how we utilise out PE and Sports Premium funding:
PE and Sports Premium Funding Strategy 2021/2022 - Plaistow Primary